Thursday, 19 April 2007

Kia Ora (Hello) I had a lazy weekend just relaxing in the country last week. I'm due to head back out there Friday night. This time I will make sure to work on some posts so I'll update some on my blogs on Monday 23rd.
Wednesday is a public holiday in NZ - Anzac day - so on Tuesday night I might head back out to the country again and go to an ANZAC day service out there. Last year I went to the dawn service in the Auckland Domain.




April 10th - Morbid & Murder / Kelvin A Memory Always have been updated

Kai Ora, (Hello), Finally - after all this time doing blogs (since May 2005) I have finally got my "own" computer. Up until now, I have mainly been using internet cafes. My computer is not one of the latest state-of-the-art models with all the bells & whistles but an older computer with word pad which is all I need so I can work on posts for my blogs. It's not connected to the internet, so I save the posts to a floppy disc and then once a week when I head into the inner city area, I'll update my blogs at an internet cafe.


(I had intended to update the blogs on the 2nd, but I left the floppy disk behind so April 10th, it will be)

Living out in the country / rural area (about an hour & a bit from the hustle & bustle of city life) on the weekends and holidays is really great - there is no stress, no TV, no music, no phones and no watching the clock. When the sun goes down, it's night-time and when the sun comes up, it's daytime. The only time I hate is on a normal weekend when late Sunday night I set the alarm for 6am to get up the next morning to catch a bus back to the city. At that time of the morning unless there is a moon, it's dark as the ace of spades and it takes me about 20 minutes to walk down hill to the township. Part of the way, there are no streetlights or footpath, so I follow the white lines on the road until I get to the footpath.

I don't know why I didn't make the move to live in the rural area sooner - it's so peaceful and certainly a great change from living in the city. As I travel out there on the Friday night, the sun is just starting to set so by the time I walk up the hills, it's dark, but I still sit out on the patio with a glass in hand (chocolate milk not wine) and just .........relax.

From April 10th - Within Kelvin A Memory Always, I'll include a post, "Rural Living", just to keep you up to date with what I have been doing in the country.


I am looking forward to this coming weekend because as you all know, it's Easter weekend, which means I will head out to the country on Thursday night and not return to the city till early Tuesday morning.


Updates

Kelvin A Memory Always - Last update 10th April

Morbid & Murder - Last update 10th April

21 21 21 Great Blogs To Read - Last update 10th March

New Zealand Blogs - Last Update 21st January

Around The World In 80 Blogs - Last update 4th March

World Recipes & Foodie Blogs - Last Update 4th March

NZ Maori Blog - Last Update 11th February

Comments - Leave a comment here on this blog if you want a reply.

No comments: