Sunday, 6 May 2007

Kia Ora (Hello), Long time.........no see !!! The only blog I have updated is 21 21 21 Great Blogs To Read . I am currently working on posts for the other blogs and will update a couple of them asap - as soon as possible.

This weekend I stayed in the city as friends were passing thru late on Friday night, on their way south to a friend's tangi in Gisborne. It was good to catch up with them and hopefully it won't be a few years before I see them again. The tangi they were going to was for Henare Te Ua - a well known NZ maori radio announcer, who passed away on the 2nd of May. Over the 30 years he was an announcer, there would of been a lot of people who heard him on the radio, but who would of never of met him in person. I not only had the pleasure of meeting him but also shared a flat with him, many moons ago. I didn't attend the service they had for him at a church in the city, nor did I go with them to the tangi. I did go to an Auckland park though, called Western Springs, where there is a plaque called "Circle Of Friends". Henare's name is one of those etched into the plaque, so I said a prayer and laid some flowers for him there.

Rest In Peace Henare

No comments: